Frequently Asked Questions
I am currently accepting commissions/custom orders on a case-by-case basis. If you see a product on our website that has been discontinued, but you would like us to make one (or multiple) for you, please fill out the form on our Contact page.
All custom orders are to be paid at the time of ordering, unless otherwise discussed.
Shipping & Returns
As an eco-conscious business, we try our best to make sure our packaging is as eco-friendly and sustainable as possible with keeping in mind our own budget restrictions. You can read more about our packaging/shipping materials and processes in our blog post .
Please see the Shipping & Returns page for the late st COVID-19 related shipping impacts and time-frames.
Thank you for making a purchase from Knots of Art! Please keep in mind that your order is being shipped from Rhode Island in the United States. Shipping/delivery times will depend on your location as well as other shipping impacts such as holidays, COVID-19 related impacts, ect.
Processing: A typical order will ship out within 4-6 business days of when the order is placed (unless stated otherwise). You will receive a notification upon shipping.
The buyer is responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
All of the cord we use for our macramé products are made from 100% cotton. We buy from different vendors and use different sizes/colors depending on the project. Typically we purchase natural or colored cord in 3mm or 4mm sizes.
We try to incorporate sustainable materials into our work whenever possible. Please see individual items for more detailed material lists.
Here are a few things you can do to ensure your macramé item lasts:
- Keep your macramé item out of prolonged direct sunlight. If kept in continuous direct sunlight, the cord could fade or turn a different color over time.
- If the strings get tangled (especially with delicate tassels), take the macramé item and lie it on a clean, flat surface. Use a tooth comb and gently brush the strings back out.
- NEVER put the macramé item in the washer. The delicate cord and knots could come un-done and tangle the piece.
- For macramé wristlets and market bags, it is recommended to keep them out of the rain, snow, ect. Keep wristlets stored in your purse, backpack, or weatherproof bag if going outside in these weather conditions.
- If dusty, take the macramé item and lie on a clean, flat surface. Gently use a lint roller or duster on the front and back of the macramé item (only use a lint roller on thick cord, do not use on loose strings or tassels). You may need to use a tooth comb to brush strings back out after you are finished dusting.
- If you get a spot on the piece, take down and lie on a clean flat surface. Use luke warm water, a soft bristle brush (or toothbrush), and mild detergent or soap (without bleach). An alternative would be to make a liquid paste with baking soda and room temperature water. Take the solution and a clean brush and brush the cord with the spot (go with the grain of the cord). Leave the solution on the cord for about 2 minutes. Take the brush and some warm water and gently brush away the solution. Rinse with cold water and leave to dry in a well ventilated area.
- ALL macramé patterns and products are hand-made by Knots of Art.
- Decals are made in-house using our Cricut Explore Air 2.
- Art Prints are designed and printed in-house using archival quality paper and printed on an Epson EcoTank-7700.
- Stickers are the only products we are currently outsourcing. We use a combination of Stickermule and Sticker Ninja.